-->

Type something and hit enter

By On
advertise here
 Avoid hell for the elderly, form a Board of Trustees -2

Providing care for older people is one of the most difficult tasks that people face in their lives. Many guardians try to do it alone, thinking that they can do it all. In some cases, there may be brothers and sisters who are unable or unwilling to participate, leaving it to one family member to provide all the care services.

In any case, caring for older people is a responsible responsibility that should not be taken only by one person; This requires from several people to meet the needs of many older people.

Surviving the process of leaving without a complete physical or emotional breakdown is not a small feat. Forming an alliance of people regarding how you can rely on support, guidance, resource information and compliance care is essential to the overall health of the caregiver; this is what is meant by the formation of the Board of Trustees.

In addition, there is a significant reason for creating this type of care group: different people who provide these care services can meet the needs of an older one that you cannot.

This is how it worked for me: when I was in charge of caring for my mother, I contacted the Aging Agency in my condition when I realized that she needed more care than I could provide. Three ladies (angels sent from heaven) appeared, each of whom met a different need in my manner.

The first guardian was about my mother and took responsibility. She was a cancer survivor and had a lot to do with life. I could see that the depression of my mother rose strongly when she was there. It was fantastic to see how my mother deals socially with someone her own age.

The second lady caring for my mother had a nurse. She could explain to my mother what was happening from a medical point of view, as well as understand the psychological impact of the disease. When my mother talked about her illness, she broke down, and this guardian provided the type of empathy and sympathy she needed. I am standing, listening in amazement, when my mother opened up to this lady in such a way that I could not even expect.

The third person who provided care for my mother studied to become a psychologist. She was very adept when my mother talked about her anger and grief about her illness; then she would confirm my mother's feelings. At one particularly tragic time, when my mother was taken to the emergency room - one of many such trips - she also helped me, which was very therapeutic. She threw me into the emergency room, and while I was driving, she said: "Let go of Mary, let everything end until we get to the ER." I did it, crying and skipping all the way. This allowed me to be more objective, function better in the hospital and make more effective health care decisions for my mother, who finished an emergency surgery that day but gave way to a systemic infection in less than a month.

I will never forget the triumvirate of caring angels who helped me get through the unfaithful tension of caring for my mother, who had gone away for more than 14 years, although the experience looks as if it happened yesterday. I really enjoyed taking care of my mother. It was an experience that I would not trade for a million bucks, and I experienced it with what I like to call the Board of Trustees.




 Avoid hell for the elderly, form a Board of Trustees -2


 Avoid hell for the elderly, form a Board of Trustees -2

Click to comment