-->

Type something and hit enter

By On
advertise here
 Why you must be a chicken chicken! -2

I love to cook and eat chicken, but chicken is a potentially dangerous food if it is improperly processed. It even scares me. Approximately every fourth slice of raw chicken carries salmonella. Poultry Salmonella is sick for more than 200,000 Americans per year, according to the USDA Food Safety Data.

The chicken and juices found inside the package are an ideal medium for the growth of Salmonella and other bacteria. In addition, chicken and chicken dishes can become dangerous if they are not processed properly. I hope to provide you with some recommendations to safely process the chicken before and after its preparation. The same guidelines can be applied to other raw foods.

Proper chicken processing and proper cooking should kill the salmonella. Nevertheless, the findings of a recent study that I conducted, it is clear that people are often mistaken, which can lead to their unconscious contamination of their own kitchen. This is what creeps me, and I was freed, food safety has always been the beginning of teaching when I work with culinary students.

The basic condition necessary for the bacteria to live and be happy is 40 to F. At any time food gets into this temperature range, bad bacteria can grow comfortably. Professionals call this the “danger zone”. If food is in a dangerous area for a long time, the bacteria will start to grow rapidly. So be safe and protect your family. cooked but not chilled - it should be stored above 140 degrees.

As mentioned, I did my own research on bird control. I sent questionnaires to thirty families. Those who participated in the study seemed to know how to handle a raw bird based on the responses to the questionnaire. But when I had to watch them in the culinary class (hands on part of my research) on the actual preparation of raw chicken - all people were observed making mistakes that risked spreading salmonella around the counters, tops, work surfaces, drains, Egyptian utensils.

The data that I collected proved to me that many people simply do not know how they cross-pollute their kitchen surfaces at home. But how could they know, they are not professionally trained in food safety, and they cannot see bacteria - as they will notice. This is a simple mistake that we all make. Most of them simply wiped the juice on the counter with a sponge, which they later washed with dishes. Did you just cringe?

Another thing that looks like nails on a board is ... cross-contamination. This is how people unconsciously spread bacteria. In the kitchen, with raw chicken, it is very easy to make. An additional threat is the contamination of other products, such as fruits and vegetables, which come into contact with raw chicken or its juices. Be sure to wash all the dishes and all surfaces that could come in contact with chicken or its juices. Use hot soapy water, and if you really go crazy over a clean kitchen, you can prepare a solution containing a gallon of water, mixed from 1 to 2 ounces. bleach.

After washing the working surfaces with soapy hot water, I strongly recommend spraying the stove, countertops and sinks with a balanced with a high concentration of detergent ( as the whitening water described above) which will kill bacteria on contact. Vinegars will also work. My colleagues used to tease me that my favorite perfume is “Eau de & Bleach” - because I use it so much.

Leftovers ... I like leftovers ... My mom cooks for my father, and after lunch she will leave leftovers on top of the stove. My dad got up in the middle of the night and graze. Now that I am a food professional, I remember and wonder if my pops would ever come to the bathroom the next morning. This habit is just KRAZI! No matter how tired I am after dinner, I always keep leftovers in an airtight container, pop right in the fridge.

The safest bet is always to keep hot food hot and cold, cold. Food bacteria can also harm older people and children much faster than a healthy adult size, or any person with a weakened immune system. Keep your family safe. Simple too many other things that we need to worry about these days - do not fall prey to a microscopic error.

Plan ahead, thaw frozen food in a controlled environment - (refrigerator). Clean when you walk, use proper cooling and cooking temperatures, and do not leave food in warm conditions. This will not only ensure the safety of the products, but also protect the quality and nutritional value.

You greet.




 Why you must be a chicken chicken! -2


 Why you must be a chicken chicken! -2

Click to comment